Probably you thought about using homemade skin care
products, but hesitated – is it worth it? I was not sure about it either, but after reading some articles on websites on the Internet, posts on women’s forums, a lot of positive reviews, I decided to try. I read a lot about homemade skin care, learned practice, tried many different homemade facial masks, lotions, scrubs on myself, on my friends and relatives, and I can say with full confidence – it is worth using it. Homemade facial masks, lotions, scrubs, creams are very effective and provide visible results quite quickly. With regular use skin remains young, healthy, fresh and attractive for a long time.
Homemade skin care has many positive aspects:
1. You create “product” yourself and choose the ingredients for it yourself also. You do not need to worry whether the cream or mask contains bad chemical ingredients.
2. You exclude the products which you have allergy to, and you can be sure that the mask or cream is perfect for your skin and will not cause irritation.
3. Low price. Products used in homemade skin care are mostly cheap and affordable. Most of them can be found on your kitchen. Expensive creams are not always effective. It often happens that the cream, which is expensive, does not justify expectations and has no effect on the skin. Buying an expensive cream you risk of simply throwing money away and not have any effect.
4. You do not need to make an appointment in the salon, you can do beauty treatments at home in the evening, in a cozy atmosphere, relaxing and resting.
5. The effect of homemade natural cosmetics lasts much longer than the effect of a cream bought in a store. Unfortunately, the effect of many expensive cosmetics finishes immediately after you stop using them. Once the cream is over the effect of it is over too. The impact of homemade skin care lasts much longer after it’s not used any more.
6. Homemade cosmetics gives you huge variety of choice. You can buy one facial mask, two, …, five … And number of homemade beauty recipes is immense. Every time you can choose a new recipe, look at the result and decide whether you like it or not. So after many experiments you can find exactly what is the best for you and makes your skin especially fresh-looking and beautiful.
7. Cosmetics produced by cosmetic companies appeared relatively recently, and homemade cosmetics were used by women to look better since ancient times. If homemade face masks were not effective, they would have been forgotten long ago and nobody would use it now. If they are used by women all over the world today – then it’s really effective. Now I want to tell about a disadvantage of homemade skin care (yes, it has one): making masks or lotions requires time and effort, you must do it yourself. It is much easier to buy a cream or a mask in a shop and when you want to use it just open the tube and apply it to the face. Quickly and easily.
First, fast and easy doesn’t always mean good quality. And an expensive cosmetics doesn’t always mean high quality cosmetics.
Second, many cosmetics today contain different harmful ingredients, like bad mineral oils, dioxins, fragrances, so it’s much more safe to use natural homemade skin care.
When using homemade skin care follow these rules:
- Choose a mask which is suitable for your type of skin. For example, the most remarkable mask for oily skin will only harm dry skin. When choosing a cosmetic product first of all pay attention to what type of skin it is for.
-Avoid ingredients you have an allergy to. If you have allergy to strawberries, for example, and the mask contains this product, it doesn’t matter how amazing and rejuvenating this mask is, just refuse it. It will make you only harm. There are plenty of other recipes and products you will not have allergy to and which will have perfect effect also.
-Make masks regularly, but do not overdo it. Once a month is not enough. But every day is overkill. Imagine that you are watering a flower once a month. How will it look like? And every day? Excess care is also not good. The same about skin. To make a facial mask once a week is enough. -Apply the mask and rinse it according to the massage lines, otherwise it will do more harm than good.
-You must not apply a mask on the skin around eyes, especially the masks which become dry on the face. The skin around the eyes is very delicate, thin and needs special care. Facial masks are not good for it. You must not use scrubs on the skin around the eyes either. It will cause irritation, redness, and the appearance of wrinkles. You can use only special creams for the skin around the eyes which are made especially for it.
I hope I convinced you in advantages of homemade skin care. Just try it and you will like it. Your skin will look amazing!